10 Greatest Events of My Life (so far...)
A few months ago I made a list of the 10 greatest events of my life. The things on this list are basically moments where I learned more about myself, pushed myself past my limits, or just felt incredibly blessed. These are in no particular order, and I'm sure throughout my life this list will continue to grow.
1. Getting accepted into BYU on Christmas Eve. I have this failure complex where I don't think I can achieve anything, and getting into BYU seemed impossible sometimes. My acceptance letter that came on Christmas Eve was the best Christmas present ever, and it even made me cry!
2. Kayaking with dolphins, summer '07. Wow! This experience made me feel like there is so much more in the world! Dolphins came right next to my kayak, and at one point I thought they would knock me over! They were gorgeous, the water was gorgeous, and this was a thrill of a lifetime.
3. Ken Burns BYU form, winter '07. Ken Burns is a renowned documentary filmmaker. He came to BYU and gave a forum address. His words and the clips of his films that he showed were so inspiring, I decided that day I wanted to make a difference in the world and major in political science.
4. Boise State bowl game, winter '07. I don't remember who they were playing against, but they won in double overtime with a field goal! Blake (my brother) and I were so excited we started shouting and gave each other a big hug...mom yelled at us to go to bed and be quiet...
5. Youth Conference in Palmyra, New York, summer '06. Visiting the places where Joseph Smith lived, walked, and received revelation strengthened my testimony of the Gospel and was the perfect trip before heading out to BYU.
6. Running the James River Exterra 10K, June '06. I ran track and cross country in high school, but after I graduated I wanted to run a 10K. My goal was to come in under 1 hour. During the last mile I decided there was no way I was going to come in under 1 hour (failure complex!), but I kept running (I didn't walk the whole time!) and came in just seconds under 1 hour!!!!
7. Being a bridesmaid in Blake and Meghan's wedding, March '06. This was just really fun. I was glad to be a part of my older brother's special day.
8. Being at the hospital all day when Savanna was born, December '06. 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. That was 0ne of the longest days of my life, but Savanna is my favorite little niece, and I loved being there to support my older brother as he became a father.
9. Volunteering at Mitt Romney's Campaign, Fall '06. Well, too bad Romney is out of the race! I loved working with Mitt Romney on his campaign for a day in Salt Lake City. He was the greatest and I got two pictures with him and shook his hand twice. The best part was just getting a closer look and experience with politics.
10. Taking a coworker to church on my 18th birthday, July '07. My 18th birthday was the best one of my life. Harry Potter had come out the day before, so I got to read that, but I also invited a friend to church with me. I love missionary work, so much!
Quote of the Day
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
1. Getting accepted into BYU on Christmas Eve. I have this failure complex where I don't think I can achieve anything, and getting into BYU seemed impossible sometimes. My acceptance letter that came on Christmas Eve was the best Christmas present ever, and it even made me cry!
2. Kayaking with dolphins, summer '07. Wow! This experience made me feel like there is so much more in the world! Dolphins came right next to my kayak, and at one point I thought they would knock me over! They were gorgeous, the water was gorgeous, and this was a thrill of a lifetime.
3. Ken Burns BYU form, winter '07. Ken Burns is a renowned documentary filmmaker. He came to BYU and gave a forum address. His words and the clips of his films that he showed were so inspiring, I decided that day I wanted to make a difference in the world and major in political science.
4. Boise State bowl game, winter '07. I don't remember who they were playing against, but they won in double overtime with a field goal! Blake (my brother) and I were so excited we started shouting and gave each other a big hug...mom yelled at us to go to bed and be quiet...
5. Youth Conference in Palmyra, New York, summer '06. Visiting the places where Joseph Smith lived, walked, and received revelation strengthened my testimony of the Gospel and was the perfect trip before heading out to BYU.
6. Running the James River Exterra 10K, June '06. I ran track and cross country in high school, but after I graduated I wanted to run a 10K. My goal was to come in under 1 hour. During the last mile I decided there was no way I was going to come in under 1 hour (failure complex!), but I kept running (I didn't walk the whole time!) and came in just seconds under 1 hour!!!!
7. Being a bridesmaid in Blake and Meghan's wedding, March '06. This was just really fun. I was glad to be a part of my older brother's special day.
8. Being at the hospital all day when Savanna was born, December '06. 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. That was 0ne of the longest days of my life, but Savanna is my favorite little niece, and I loved being there to support my older brother as he became a father.
9. Volunteering at Mitt Romney's Campaign, Fall '06. Well, too bad Romney is out of the race! I loved working with Mitt Romney on his campaign for a day in Salt Lake City. He was the greatest and I got two pictures with him and shook his hand twice. The best part was just getting a closer look and experience with politics.
10. Taking a coworker to church on my 18th birthday, July '07. My 18th birthday was the best one of my life. Harry Potter had come out the day before, so I got to read that, but I also invited a friend to church with me. I love missionary work, so much!
Quote of the Day
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
Galadriel, the Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien


Comments