Thankful Thursday
Thanksgiving is one week from today! Here are some preliminary blessings I have that I have been thinking about this week.
1. My health
I'm not the most healthy person, but I am blessed that I can go outside and go for a run whenever I want. Some days I have to run slower than others, but at least I can get through a run, or run up the stairs to campus and not be dead, or go for a hike and enjoy it without being too breathless. Every time I go for a run I think how blessed I am that my friends from church talked me into joining the cross-country team in high school. If they hadn't, I wouldn't be the same person I am today!
2. My education
I love school! It is really busy and hard, but I am so blessed to be going to BYU and to be taught by the amazing professors that work here. No matter what happens in life, at least I have my brain!
3. Temples
Another benefit of living in Utah is the close proximity of temples. They are everywhere! Luckily the Provo temple is just a five minute drive away. I had the opportunity to go this morning and do family names. I am so blessed to be able to serve my ancestors by doing their temple work for them. I am also blessed to be sealed to my family because of my parent's temple marriage.
4. Family
Despite the fact that my mom's side of the family can't figure out how to give Christmas presents to each other, we all get along really well. I know I've talked about how amazing my parents are before, but I have to say it again! My mom gave me a book this summer called I love you as big as the World. I read it again two days ago and was overwhelmed with the realization that my parents love me more than I can imagine. Everything they do is for their family. Last week some amazing things worked out for me with my work and my dad told his fellow employees. I love that he and my mom keep updated with my life and that they are proud of me! That makes me want to work even harder.
5. The weather
This is the warmest fall season I have ever seen in Provo. Let's hope it stays that way! It was 60 degrees the other day. Love it!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and remember to go around the table and say something you are thankful for before eating your feast!
Love,
Ash
1. My health
I'm not the most healthy person, but I am blessed that I can go outside and go for a run whenever I want. Some days I have to run slower than others, but at least I can get through a run, or run up the stairs to campus and not be dead, or go for a hike and enjoy it without being too breathless. Every time I go for a run I think how blessed I am that my friends from church talked me into joining the cross-country team in high school. If they hadn't, I wouldn't be the same person I am today!
2. My education
I love school! It is really busy and hard, but I am so blessed to be going to BYU and to be taught by the amazing professors that work here. No matter what happens in life, at least I have my brain!
3. Temples
Another benefit of living in Utah is the close proximity of temples. They are everywhere! Luckily the Provo temple is just a five minute drive away. I had the opportunity to go this morning and do family names. I am so blessed to be able to serve my ancestors by doing their temple work for them. I am also blessed to be sealed to my family because of my parent's temple marriage.
4. Family
Despite the fact that my mom's side of the family can't figure out how to give Christmas presents to each other, we all get along really well. I know I've talked about how amazing my parents are before, but I have to say it again! My mom gave me a book this summer called I love you as big as the World. I read it again two days ago and was overwhelmed with the realization that my parents love me more than I can imagine. Everything they do is for their family. Last week some amazing things worked out for me with my work and my dad told his fellow employees. I love that he and my mom keep updated with my life and that they are proud of me! That makes me want to work even harder.
5. The weather
This is the warmest fall season I have ever seen in Provo. Let's hope it stays that way! It was 60 degrees the other day. Love it!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and remember to go around the table and say something you are thankful for before eating your feast!
Love,
Ash


Comments