Election Day!

**UPDATE** John Cox won! By less than 300 votes, but he won!

In 7.5 hours, the polls in Hanover County open, and then 13 hours later I will find out if my boss won or not! This is the first election I've ever been so invested in, so if you live in Hanover County - Remember to VOTE for John Cox.

When I was in college I used to dream about being a campaign manager someday. I was just the grassroots coordinator for this campaign, but who knows what my future holds. Maybe I'll even run for office some day.

Here's a funny story about when I ran for BETA Club secretary in high school.

So, there were two of us girls running for BETA secretary and we tied. So, the teachers in charge of the organization decided to do a runoff election. I stood by the "polls" (a table in the cafeteria) and reminded my friends to vote before they left school. Turnout was horrible. I think there were 8 votes total or something like that. Anyway, the other candidate and I tied again! And the horrible thing (for her) is that she did not even turnout to vote for herself. We ended up serving as co-secretaries our senior year. The moral of this story is that EVERY VOTE COUNTS. Elections really can be won by just one vote (at least at the high school level).

Keep your fingers crossed for John Cox!

Comments

Popular Posts