Another Day in My Favorite City

D.C. of course. I'm always in awe coming into D.C. on 395-I get chills.

This time I came really early in the morning with two great friends who kept me awake and entertained.

Kristen and Christian

We started our morning with a 9:00 tour at the Capitol. I've lost count of how many Capitol tours I've been on / given. Okay, I have personally been on 3, I think, but I have given many more than that. I'm always amazed though. The Capitol is known as the "temple of liberty" and it is wonderful! If only so many crazies didn't work there. I felt really bad for Kristen though - she had pepper spray in her purse, which isn't allowed in the Capitol, so we hid it outside, and it was gone when we came back. Oops!

After the Capitol we walked to the White House (poor feet!) and completely skipped the line. Who stands in long lines these days? The White House isn't my favorite tour, but it's my job to set them up, and who doesn't want to be able to say they've been in the White House?! Here we are again...
After the tours, we went to lunch and then went to the temple. We were joined by our friends April, Trent, and Jeff. I was able to do work for my 6th great grandmother! How cool is that? April got most of the pictures on her camera, but here's the view I got from the freeway. Not the best picture, but I love that there are these random castles off of the highway throughout the U.S., and the D.C. temple is my fav.


After that, we were about to go home, but we decided to stop by the TJ Memorial first. Architecturally, I think this one is my favorite, and the view is gorgeous.

No, not me! The rest of the view!
Kristen says the red lights on the Washington Monument look like eyes! So true-way true.

Overall, this was one amazing trip! We learned that Christian can imitate a great Latin / thug voice, Kristen and I need to bring walking shoes next time, and that we don't wait in lines, oh, and that being a secret service agent in the White House is one of the best jobs ever. That's what I've decided to be. That's why my blog now says that I think I know where I'm going (okay, kidding)!

And here is a shout out to the best road trip companions ever!

--Kristen is one of my best friends ever. She just joined the church in September. The missionaries took me to one of her lessons, and we've been buds ever since, and we were even visiting teaching companions for a couple of months before they changed it this past Sunday :( She brought a ton of snacks for the trip, and she was a good sport, even though our feet were killing us!
--Christian taught me the best thing. Listen to a music just for the sake of listening to it. Not as background music, not to dance to, not to fall asleep to. Just turn on a song and listen to it. I tested out that concept, loved it, then decided to cut half the songs on my playlist (to the right). I only kept songs I can see myself listening to, just to listen-despite what your music opinions may be.

Love this place!

Comments

Lauren said…
I love that place too! I'm so jealous of you right now. Will you kiss the Capitol for me next time you're there? Thanks.
mollie said…
Just so you know... someday I'm going to visit and you're going to have to take me on all these tours and show me your favorite parts of DC. start preparing :)

Popular Posts