Big To Do's
Every day I make to do lists, but today I made a special BIG to do list of things I want to accomplish this year or work towards. Some of these things were already on my goal list for the year, but after consulting with some great friends I've added a couple. I just feel like I'm sitting around my hometown, working, getting by each day without any great sense of accomplishment. I want to be a better person, grow, and learn new things, and I don't have to be in grad school to do that.
- Train for and run a half marathon in November - signed up! Training begins Saturday
- Learn a new language by taking Spanish classes this fall - or apply for grad school
- Take cooking classes at the University of Richmond with my friends - or elsewhere!

- Memorize all 100 scripture masteries (only 1.5 more to go!!)
- Give away at least 1 Book of Mormon
- Finish all the books that are sitting on my nightstand: (Les Miserables, Life of Pi, 5000 Year Leap, The Holy Temple, What Americans Really Want, Really)
I have some others that I'll just keep to myself for now. If you can think of anything really awesome I should work on, let me know! I don't have a lot of time on my hands, but there's always time for improvement.
"If we have faith in God and if we are committed to the fundamentals of keeping His commandments and putting Him first in our lives, we do not need to plan every single event—even every important event—and we should not feel rejected or depressed if some things—even some very important things—do not happen at the time we had planned or hoped or prayed. We prepare in the way the Lord has directed. We hold ourselves in readiness to act on the Lord’s timing. He will tell us when the time is right to take the next step. For now, we simply concentrate on our own assignments and on what we have been asked to do today. In this we are also mindful of the Lord’s assurance: 'I will hasten my work in its time' (D&C 88:73)."
-Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Oct. 2003


Comments
I just have a goal to read a book a month, I have failed miserably this year (I did better last year). I also like the cooking class idea...I want to take a class to learn how to make jewelery...just got to find the class :)