I Can Do Hard Things
Some people just get scared and can't give blood (ahem*Christian) but I can do hard things:
Life has been somewhat rocky since I got home from New York. I don't really know what the deal is, but I've been feeling a little overwhelmed. Like yesterday when I gave blood and I my eyes got really watery because I was so nervous. I've never been that scared when giving blood before.
Anyway, I was blessed to hang out and spend time with some great friends this week, namely, Brittany Halstead, Melissa Ramsey, Marissa Pugmire, and Kristen Dontje. These girls each help me in different ways and are always looking out for me. I also got a call tonight from Valerie Canto. Valerie was one of the best friends at the Hill Cumorah Pageant, and just talking to her tonight made me happy and lifted me. I also got to spend time with my favorite girl, my sister Heather. We haven't seen much of each other lately, but Saturday night I went with her, my dad, and Seth to the Flying Squirrels game, and we had a blast.
One of my current theme songs is "On and One" by Matt Kearney (on my playlist to the right). Life is rough and it's never going to be easy. We all have fears that things won't work out and that our lives are moving in the wrong direction. But I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I know that "nothing worth anything ever goes down easy." So, if I'm having a hard time right now - then it's for my good and I will grow through my experiences.
"And we'll keep on, keep on climbing on down this narrow line So we can see the other side, the other side
"On and on and on we pray, we can break into a brighter day Nothing worth anything ever goes down easy On and on and on we go, I don't understand this windy road Nothing worth anything ever goes down easy, goes down easy Goes down easy, goes down easy, goes down easy
Last story :) This morning I work up really late and had to rush to get ready for church and make a complicated dessert for Sunday supper. Everything was going wrong (couldn't find sugar, the cookie crust wouldn't fill the pan, I realized the dessert was supposed to be refrigerated overnight, ect...). Then my mom came home 10 minutes before I had to leave and helped me finish the project. And... it turned out wonderfully. Of course it did! Everything ALWAYS works out when we do our best and keep on climbing. Always.
<3 Ashley
Anyway, I was blessed to hang out and spend time with some great friends this week, namely, Brittany Halstead, Melissa Ramsey, Marissa Pugmire, and Kristen Dontje. These girls each help me in different ways and are always looking out for me. I also got a call tonight from Valerie Canto. Valerie was one of the best friends at the Hill Cumorah Pageant, and just talking to her tonight made me happy and lifted me. I also got to spend time with my favorite girl, my sister Heather. We haven't seen much of each other lately, but Saturday night I went with her, my dad, and Seth to the Flying Squirrels game, and we had a blast.
"And we'll keep on, keep on climbing on down this narrow line So we can see the other side, the other side
"On and on and on we pray, we can break into a brighter day Nothing worth anything ever goes down easy On and on and on we go, I don't understand this windy road Nothing worth anything ever goes down easy, goes down easy Goes down easy, goes down easy, goes down easy
Last story :) This morning I work up really late and had to rush to get ready for church and make a complicated dessert for Sunday supper. Everything was going wrong (couldn't find sugar, the cookie crust wouldn't fill the pan, I realized the dessert was supposed to be refrigerated overnight, ect...). Then my mom came home 10 minutes before I had to leave and helped me finish the project. And... it turned out wonderfully. Of course it did! Everything ALWAYS works out when we do our best and keep on climbing. Always.
<3 Ashley


Comments