4.2.11-4.3.11

Every time I run a race I wonder why I'm running it! I about died in the 10k on Saturday, but I pushed through and beat last year's time! 53:53. I timed it that way on purpose. Em and I carpooled together (tradition) and then the Cahil's treated us to breakfast afterwards. I just signed up for another 10K! It's in May about 2 weeks before I leave for the MTC.




Saturday night we had our semi-annual dip night at the Levin's house. This is the most delicious activity ever. I literally stood by the counter and ate constantly the whole time (the only exception this year were the breaks I took to catch the VCU game).


Bishop, Me, my Mission Call




Conference was wonderful. I would have to read over my notes again to really figure out what my favorite talk was, but I loved Elder Bednar's a lot. Especially his metaphor of turning on a light switch vs. the sunrise. I don't know how personal revelation works for anyone else, and until recently I didn't realize how it works for me (and I'm still learning). Revelation rarely is like flipping on a light switch for me, and usually the only time it comes like that is when I hear someone speak or I am speaking about the Gospel and Jesus Christ. That is when it hits me every time that the Gospel is true and that Jesus Christ loves me and that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father. Usually I learn things slowly, piece by piece. Often it takes multiple small promptings until I see the direction I need to go, but when every piece finally comes, I KNOW what is true or what I am supposed to do. It's like learning math. You start with very basic principles and think you'll never understand, but eventually you do and then you keep learning more and more. With each small step you learn, your understanding increases and you KNOW that piece completely, and you trust that math principle to always work.

More from things I loved about conference to come : )

p.s. I'm going on a mission!!!

p.p.s. I started Jillian Michae's "30 Day Shred" and have done it for 3 days now. I've never been so sore, but its working!

Comments

Lildonbro said…
Awe man, your time was totally better than mine :( Not that it was a competition. Good job!!

I'm sorry I missed Dip Night :( I was really planning on coming and then family stopped by and by the time they left I was exhausted.

I'm so excited for you and your mission! That will be awesome!

Popular Posts