I was talking to a missionary I served with at the MTC over the phone last week and asked him for a miracle from his day. He immediately had one to share with me, and then he returned the question. At first I couldn't think of anything and felt a little embarrassed because I used to be looking for miracles all the time, but have let my busy life get in the way. I was consistently writing them in my journal daily, but had stopped that too. In last month's Ensign (article here) the presidency message mentioned how as we ponder and ask to remember the Lord's hand, the Spirit can bring back experiences to our memory. As I did that over the phone really quickly (in my mind, not out loud!) experiences did come to my mind that I was able to share with my friend. So, now that he reminded me to be looking for them, I sure will be sharing more!
Here's one - yesterday all the missionaries in a zone (group of about 20 or so missionaries) here in Richmond were fasting and praying to find people to teach. They were having a hard to finding people. Well, this past weekend, the sister missionaries did a lemonade stand downtown and felt inspired to invite some girls from church to go with them. They were so awesome and invited a million people to come. One of them did come! Yesterday, on the day of the fast, he came to church, came to dinner and a fireside later, and met with the missionaries and accepted a baptismal date. Missionary work is so cool!
Here's one - yesterday all the missionaries in a zone (group of about 20 or so missionaries) here in Richmond were fasting and praying to find people to teach. They were having a hard to finding people. Well, this past weekend, the sister missionaries did a lemonade stand downtown and felt inspired to invite some girls from church to go with them. They were so awesome and invited a million people to come. One of them did come! Yesterday, on the day of the fast, he came to church, came to dinner and a fireside later, and met with the missionaries and accepted a baptismal date. Missionary work is so cool!


Comments