I hate wasps

So I'm not feeling blah anymore, because anytime I watched that video (see last post), I feel the Christmas Spirit immediately. It brings me back to my mission when I watched it over and over at the Visitors' Center on slow mornings. Anyway, I've been through some really crazy experiences lately, mostly around Thanksgiving time, but I'm bouncing back, mostly due to a good chat with my mom last night. Below is a little recap of some exciting things in life lately, but first - a miracle today! Of course - one-a-day - I wish I had enough motivation to get on here and truly share what happens everyday. But today's. I was mentioning to my family the other day how much I would love to get a real Christmas tree, but just a little short one, for my bedroom. To which my little brother told me that we have a few in the attic, to which I again told him I want a REAL one. But, I gave in, wanting to bring the Christmas cheer to my bedroom, so I settled for a fake one and brought it down from the attic this morning. I put a couple of ornaments on it, plugged in the lights, and sat down to work on some Haiti curriculum I'm helping Sustain Haiti with. During that, I hear a noise, that sounds like a wasp, and turn, and there is a REAL wasp. It must have come back to life, because it is too cold in our attic for wasps to live. Well, I brought the tree down to my room, and the heat must have woken the wasp. It was huge. I wanted to cry. I yelled down to mom for some wasp spray, and since we don't have any, I covered the tree very carefully with a garbage bag, took it down stairs and set it on the front porch. I think the wasp is gone now, but I'm not bringing that tree back in until I'm for sure that wasp is gone. It is a miracle of Christmas that the Christmas tree wasp is not in my room anymore.

Here's for the other exciting things in my life! My wonderful friend Ruth got married. My favorite moment of that day was when she and Spencer came out of the temple, and Spencer's little brother was crying. I blurted out, "I want my brother to cry when I get married!!" And Sarah M. said, "just invite him to the wedding." haha - see him below...
Sorry, but I had to put this on here!
The next week was Thanksgiving! I roadtripped with my family to Nashville, Tennessee where two of my dad's siblings and most of their kids now live. I may have been a littler ornery on the trip because I had to work on my final research paper the whole time, but hey! The paper is done, and I'm out of classes until January 13th. We had 19 people, and 20 or 21 pies. I'm not even kidding. I ate pie all three meals, and for snacks, the day after Thanksgiving. My favorite part of the trip was the Nashville Temple! Now, I'm getting ready for a piano recital for my 13 students this weekend, and then will be getting ready to visit my two little nieces in Columbia, SC! More miracles to come later. Why don't you share with me your Christmas miracles?
I love all my cousins, but this one is just super special to me!
Temple Selfie!

Comments

Popular Posts