Life in Utah
Well hello there! I wrote last from a home where I stopped for the night on my road trip across the country. It was a miracle that my car made it all the way to Utah. Of course, the next day it broke down, and I had to get AAA to tow it across the street to a car place. But it is in good shape now.
I LOVE MY JOB! Habitat for Humanity is a great organization, and my coworkers are wonderful. They are really patient with me and are teaching me a lot. They go out to lunch every day and are amazed that I save money and eat at the office. Too funny. I'm the neighborhood revitalization coordinator which means I'm helping low-income families get critical home repair and helping beautify the Utah County neighborhoods.
I'm living with 2 friends from my mission. One of them was my MTC companion and then a companion in the mission (Mary Parker). The other was also in the MTC with us (Carrie Carlson). They make life wonderful and constantly happy. I love them!
Other news - I'm going to Haiti for Christmas!!!!! I'll be there a few days before visiting my family. I'm so blessed to have a job that is giving me time off to go on these trips.
Miracle of the week. A few months ago I bought a really cheap pair of earrings at Walmart, but they are my favorite and I get so many compliments when I wear them. (They were actually my only pair of earrings until about a week ago when I bought another pair). On Sunday, the weather was gorgeous, so after church, Mary, Carrie and I made a picnic lunch and went to eat outside. I took off one of my earrings so I could lay on my side and fell asleep. Later that night, I realized I was only wearing one earring. I couldn't find it outside and decided that's just what happens. Well, the other morning, I decided to go look again, and after five minutes of kicking leaves around and looking really weird, I prayed that I could find the earring, knowing that it wasn't really super important. But right after the prayer, I kicked over a few more leaves... and there was my earring!! I'm so happy!!
Some of my recent "big" prayers haven't been answered fully yet, but He answers the little ones to remind me that He loves me, that He hears me and that He is a God of miracles.
I LOVE MY JOB! Habitat for Humanity is a great organization, and my coworkers are wonderful. They are really patient with me and are teaching me a lot. They go out to lunch every day and are amazed that I save money and eat at the office. Too funny. I'm the neighborhood revitalization coordinator which means I'm helping low-income families get critical home repair and helping beautify the Utah County neighborhoods.
I'm living with 2 friends from my mission. One of them was my MTC companion and then a companion in the mission (Mary Parker). The other was also in the MTC with us (Carrie Carlson). They make life wonderful and constantly happy. I love them!
Other news - I'm going to Haiti for Christmas!!!!! I'll be there a few days before visiting my family. I'm so blessed to have a job that is giving me time off to go on these trips.
Miracle of the week. A few months ago I bought a really cheap pair of earrings at Walmart, but they are my favorite and I get so many compliments when I wear them. (They were actually my only pair of earrings until about a week ago when I bought another pair). On Sunday, the weather was gorgeous, so after church, Mary, Carrie and I made a picnic lunch and went to eat outside. I took off one of my earrings so I could lay on my side and fell asleep. Later that night, I realized I was only wearing one earring. I couldn't find it outside and decided that's just what happens. Well, the other morning, I decided to go look again, and after five minutes of kicking leaves around and looking really weird, I prayed that I could find the earring, knowing that it wasn't really super important. But right after the prayer, I kicked over a few more leaves... and there was my earring!! I'm so happy!!
Some of my recent "big" prayers haven't been answered fully yet, but He answers the little ones to remind me that He loves me, that He hears me and that He is a God of miracles.


Comments