Root Canal Miracle

Today I had to get my first root canal, and just felt the injustice of it the whole time! Isn't that just something mothers have to do? Maybe because I'm the age where I could definitely have children right now, I am old enough for root canals. I don't really know. Thinking of how this whole root canal situation was a miracle made me feel better.

Here's how it's a miracle. 6 months ago, my dentist gave me a filling and said he was worried it would eventually need a root canal. I've felt pain off and on, but not too bad, so when I was getting ready for this appointment, I figured it was still ok. Well, I got sick and slept through my appointment, and the dentist couldn't reschedule me until January! I'll be getting ready for China at that time and will be in Virginia without health care, so I cannot wait that long.

My roommates suggested another dentist, and he was able to get me in two days ago. Because it is a new office, they took all new x-rays, and saw indeed that I probably needed a root canal. They did some tests which made me scream, and I guess screaming means it hurts enough that it needs a root canal. I went back in today for that procedure.

I realized that if I had gone to my old dentist, they wouldn't have done x-rays again and thus wouldn't have known. My insurance only covers x-rays once a year, but at the new dentist they offer a free exam with x-rays to new patients, so I don't have to pay for my x-rays! That is a blessing since the root canal cost a fair deal on its own, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for x-rays on top of that, and even more grateful that the root canal is done and that I don't wake up in China at midnight dying from pain. I'm so thankful for dentists and insurance and this miracle.

I'm also grateful for my roommates who are so good to me. Athena brought me a treat to work last week because I was stressed, and Megan knew I was worried about getting a root canal, and she got me my first chocolate frog! They are REAL people! They come with a wizard card and everything. Best thing ever.


Comments

Popular Posts