26 Miracles this Year!

One of my goals for 2016 is to blog about 26 miracles. Why 26? Because I'm 26 years old of course! I'll also keep you posted on my awesome China, once I get there, but as this is a blog about miracles, expect 26 of them! As always, I love to learn about your miracles. Email them to me, call me and chat or send me an anonymous letter with a miracle, big or small, from your life. ashbashbur@gmail.com

2016 - Miracle #1

Last Sunday, I attended a Mormon congregation that I don't usually go to, and the father of some friends of mine shared his personal conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Whether or not you are a member of my church, I think what we can all learn from this man's story is that 1. God does listen to your prayers, 2. God may answer your prayers in ways you don't expect, 3. God will put people in your path and thoughts in your mind to answer your prayers that you may not realize are exactly the answers you are looking for, 4. When you finally tune in to those feelings and follow them - you will eventually see that God was answering your prayers, and you will be at peace.

This man, I'll call him Jim, stopped going to his family's church in high school because he didn't feel it was right. One day, he went into some woods to pray and ask God what church he should join (sound familiar??!). He remembers that he distinctly felt/heard the words that when he found the right church, it would have apostles and a prophet.

Later in high school, he was invited to a party of three sisters in his school who were Mormon, but he didn't know it at the time. He felt so much love and peace in their home, and for months afterwards wanted to go back to their home, but thought it would be weird to invite himself over.

After high school, Jim found a job in Richmond, and would pass the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building on Monument Avenue to and from work. He often felt like he should check it out, but he didn't. One day, his sister ran into those 3 sisters mentioned earlier and reconnected with them. She became good friends with them, and they invited her to visit the church. She told her brother that he was invited, and before she told him where it was, he knew that it had to be the church on Monument Avenue. He was correct! That Sunday, he attended church with his sister and those three Mormon sisters in the Monument Avenue chapel. At church Jim found out the the restored church of Jesus Christ has prophets and apostles, and he knew he was in the right place.

Comments

Lildonbro said…
Awesome! I love this story, it makes me happy.

Popular Posts