Finally

I have a Chinese visa - and that is a miracle. Just one of the many ways I define a miracle is "when something that seems impossible happens." At the beginning of the getting-ready-for-China process, things were falling into place, but once I started trying to get my work visa, the impossible hurdles appeared on my path. Finally, after way too many road trips to DC, I got my visa on Wednesday, and I'm leaving this coming Monday.

You would think I would have been sooo excited, or maybe have cried with happiness, but because it seemed so unlikely and impossible that it would work out... I just felt shocked when they handed me my passport w/ the visa. I'm still kind of shocked. I can't really believe this is happening. Until I'm in China and out of the airport, I don't think I'll really feel like everything has come together. But still - awesome! I have a visa, I've seen miracles in this process, I'm starting a new adventure in life that will bring challenges, more miracles and many memories, growth, learning and love for a new culture and all the people I meet in China. I feel like I have the best life possible for me so far.

Keep checking for news from China!

♥ Ash

Comments

Erin said…
Remind me which part of China you're headed to?
Ash said…
Wuxi - near Shanghai!

Popular Posts