祷告 Dǎogào Prayer

This is a short post since I'm typing it on my phone. I'll get right to the point. I got food poisoning on Friday night - and I have never felt so sick in my life. It only lasted about 24 hours, but that night I could not fall asleep, and I needed sleep. I emailed my mom and asked her to have the family pray for me. At about 2 am I got really drowsy and fell asleep. I woke up at 4:30 am, but at least I had some sleep. Later, I checked my email and right before 2 am my mom had emailed me telling me that they were praying for me. Prayer is powerful.

Today in Sunday school the lesson I was teaching was about Alma and his conversion story. The angel came to help him change because of prayer:

"And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith."

I shared this scripture and the miracle of my family praying for me, and said that if God would answer a simple prayer from my mother to help me sleep, he can answer all the prayers parents have for their children. After the lesson, a lady came up to me and said, "I don't think your mother's prayer was simple/ I think she prayed like Enos (another person in the Book of Mormon- he prayed all day and night, pouring out the desires of his heart).That is how mothers pray for their children."

Thank you so much mom. ♥

Comments

Popular Posts