Awareness
I was studying my scriptures last week and reading about being aware of the Lord's hand in our lives. I felt like I hadn't been paying attention enough, so I wasn't aware of Him. Then on Sunday, I remembered a moment from last week when He showed me that He is very aware of me. In recognizing that He is aware, I am aware... if that makes sense.
So, what was the moment? Last week, there was one night where I was feeling especially frustrated about being unemployed as well as some sadness over a recent failed relationship. As I thought about these things, I prayed and wished that I didn't feel so lonely. Then, I heard a knock on the door downstairs, and my dad called up to me that the missionaries were here to visit.
Yep -these lovely ladies! Sisters Purcell and Cordova. They shared a video with me and some thoughts about patience with the Lord when things do not work out the way you hope they will. Sometimes the Lord cuts away things from our lives that we wish could stay, but He knows what is best. Their message helped me feel loved and cared for. On Sunday night, my amazing home teacher Jonathan called to talk to me. I found out that he actually told the sister missionaries they should come visit me. Heavenly Father works in mysterious and awesome ways to reach out to simple people like me. If He cares enough to do that for me, I'm confident He cares about all of His children. How can you be more aware of Him? What has He done to show His love for you recently?
So, what was the moment? Last week, there was one night where I was feeling especially frustrated about being unemployed as well as some sadness over a recent failed relationship. As I thought about these things, I prayed and wished that I didn't feel so lonely. Then, I heard a knock on the door downstairs, and my dad called up to me that the missionaries were here to visit.
Yep -these lovely ladies! Sisters Purcell and Cordova. They shared a video with me and some thoughts about patience with the Lord when things do not work out the way you hope they will. Sometimes the Lord cuts away things from our lives that we wish could stay, but He knows what is best. Their message helped me feel loved and cared for. On Sunday night, my amazing home teacher Jonathan called to talk to me. I found out that he actually told the sister missionaries they should come visit me. Heavenly Father works in mysterious and awesome ways to reach out to simple people like me. If He cares enough to do that for me, I'm confident He cares about all of His children. How can you be more aware of Him? What has He done to show His love for you recently?



Comments