Work, Work, Work

Another recent miracle in my life lately is a new job! It took about 4 months this time to find a job. Fewer months than the 1st time I was unemployed, more than the 2nd. It was hard coming home from China and trying to figure out where to go and what I wanted to do. I've worked in government, politics, nonprofits, education and so on. 

In April I started teaching English through an online company to the cutest kids in China, but that was just part time and only super early in the morning. So I spent my days looking for jobs, hanging out with friends and traveling (Florida, then DC then Arizona). Finally, I got 2 job offers the same week. One in Florida doing the exact same thing I did when I lived in Utah, and one for a job in Richmond doing nothing I've ever done before/majored in/mastered in/ever thought of doing. But I love it! I accepted the job in Richmond because I felt more peace about that decision and had heard great things about this company. And yAH, love it. I work for an excess and casualty insurance company in underwriting services and read a lot of insurance applications for professional liability insurance. I also book and issue insurance policies for manufacturing and contracting companies. It's pretty awesome - mostly because the people I work with are THE BEST. People just come over to talk, to see how I'm doing, to offer help all the time. And there isn't any gossiping. Just the best team-feeling. And we get to dress casual all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!

Life is good. God is good. He always helps me even when I feel like I'm failing, like no one will ever hire me, and that I'm not good enough.

p.s. my work can't seem to get my name right. my first day, they spelled my name on my badge "Ashleigh" before printing a new one. And now this plaque. Hahah - I don't mind though.


Comments

Popular Posts