Big Move
Hi friends,
I moved to Arizona about a week ago for a new job within my company. Everything fell into place quickly, and I am loving it so far. My coworkers and new church friends are so welcoming and keeping me involved. I'd become quite a hermit back in Virginia, so this move has been really good for me.
While there have been many miracles that have gotten me to this point, I want to share one that is so super cool, and made me think "Heavenly Father knows me!" Hopefully you'll notice things like this in your life because He knows you and loves you!
Soon after I was offered the job, I started stressing a lot about where to live. I joined some housing groups on Facebook and there were plenty of postings, but I felt unsure about which city to pick and didn't want to commit to something before seeing it and visiting the different areas and churches. So, I sent a group Facebook message to some friends I knew from when I served my mission here asking if they knew of anyone renting a room I could just stay in for a month or so while I looked around.
A week later none of them had responded, so I assumed they all hated me!! Haha jk. I just figured they didn't have any ideas. I was praying about this frequently and getting anxious. One night, I got a text from one of those friends I had messaged, Rachel, telling me she was thinking about me and hoped I was doing well. I texted her back saying that I was excited to move to Arizona. She responded saying something like, "what?! when?! where?!" I told her about the job transfer, and then she immediately asked me if I would like to stay in her home for about a month while I looked for a place to live! She still hadn't seen my Facebook message about it, and probably wouldn't have for awhile because she apparently rarely checks Facebook.
Now I'm staying with Rachel and her family. Last week, I asked her what had prompted her to send me that text. She told me that she was at BYU Education week in a class about helping the rising generation. The teacher told everyone to pull out their phones and send an encouraging text to a young adult in their contacts. I'm the first person who popped into her head! She is so kind, inspired and quick to follow promptings of the Spirit. I hope I can be more like her in being an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands to answer prayers.
Also, I've found a place to move into in a few weeks with some awesome girls in the perfect location!
Ash
p.s. There are two Goodwill stores within a mile of my office. Yikes!
| Rachel and me |



Comments