Huffys for Life
I am blessed with so many seriously amazing friends. But this is the story of just one of them, fellow Hufflepuff Mary Mitton.
Mary moved to Richmond last year, just a little bit before I decided to switch from the young single adult congregation to the church where my parents go. I was going through so much at the time related to discovering my personal struggle of anxiety. I didn't feel very emotionally safe at that church anymore (all irrational, but that's anxiety for ya!), and the change was really good for me and what I needed at that time.
Mary was called to be Relief Society President (a women's organization that's amazing), and my old roommate told me she was trying to think of ways to get me to go back to that congregation, haha. Eventually, Mary texted to see if I wanted to come play a Harry Potter game with her and her roomie. I honestly thought she was inviting me to try to talk me into going to that church, but I can't say no to anything Harry Potter and ended up at her house.
All Mary did was treat me with kindness (a true Hufflepuff!) and over a few weeks of playing this game, we became such great friends that we even decided that we needed to go to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios when we finished the game, which we did!
Recently Mary and I were talking about how we became friends, and she sent me the sweetest text ever, so I asked her if I could share this story on here. Her text said, "Totally would have loved having you in Chippenham, but truthfully it was kind of nice having a friend who wasn't in the ward. I don't remember exactly, but I think you shared some inspiring thought in institute that really resonated with me, and I knew I needed to get to know you and didn't know how, so I literally bought that Harry Potter game in hopes of becoming your friend."
Wow!!! I'm so grateful for loving Heavenly Parents who put the right people in our lives at the right time. I don't remember making any comments at institute. I was so anxious that I would sit in the back and hope that no one would talk to me and ask where I had been and why I hadn't been at church. But anyway, how cool of a person is she to go the extra mile in reaching out to be a friend. (She didn't know how to get to know me because I was pushing everyone away). I needed Mary's friendship this year as well as the friendship of many others like Kate, Lacey, Nadine, Laurajane, Jonathan, my parents, my siblings, Shea, Krystal, Fawn, Yolanda, and especially my Savior, Jesus Christ.
And the cherry on top of all of this is that Mary and I are going to be Hufflepuffs for Halloween!! Cheers!



Comments