Why We Moved to Iowa
Fun fact: we started officially dating in Iowa and got engaged in Iowa!
We had been living in Virginia for three years and both Clayton and I were feeling the itch to move. We loved it there, but we like change a lot and were ready.
Since I’m working remotely, we could go anywhere. So why Iowa? We were looking at a few different cities, but Iowa was at the top because Clayton’s sister lives here, and the cost of living is much cheaper than Virginia. I was looking at rentals on Zillow everyday for about a year, and one day, a home popped up in Iowa, and I loved it. I sent an inquiry, and the landlord contacted me and gave us a virtual tour over FaceTime. And here we are!
Blessings and Miracles of living here:
1 One of my best friends that I grew up with lives 5 minutes away!
2 Amazing speech therapy program through the local school. My son’s speech skills have skyrocketed since moving here. We landed in the best school district in the state without knowing before we got here.
3 A church friend giving Clayton a part time job where he’s learning skills that may come in handy if we start a business one day.
4 Our kids get to spend so much time with their cousins.
5 Cheaper rent, so more money for savings, and a wonderful landlord!



Comments