My Aspirations
Aspiration #1 - Graduate from BYU - I'm planning on graduating next June with my political science degree and music minor - I can't wait for the day, even though I will miss Utah and BYU so much. College is a struggle, and I've worked so hard! One day I'll be able to look back and know that each 8:00 a.m. class, each paper, each fifteen minute walk to campus, each night in the library till midnight, and the hours worked to pay tuition were worth it!
Aspiration #2 - Go on a mission
-After I graduate I will have a year to work until I can go on my mission--I think that will be the longest year of my life. I have wanted to go on a mission since I was a little girl. There's a couple of reasons why, some of them are a little selfish. First of all, I've struggled to share the Gospel with friends in high school, and I really want the opportunity to learn how to better share the Gospel. Second, the scriptures say that great joy comes when someone you have shared the Gospel with joins the church--I want to feel that joy! Third, there have been a lack of missionary serving people on my mom's side of the family, and within my own family, so I want to be an example to my younger siblings and cousins of the importance of missionary work. Finally, I think I will be a better wife and mother after I've had the mission experience.
-Where do I want to serve a mission? Anywhere, but Palmyra, NY, New Zealand, and Africa are at the top of my list.
Aspiration #3 - Be involved with politics somehow. My ultimate dream is to be a senator. I would read the Proclamation to the Family and the entire Book of Mormon during a filibuster, be on CSPAN, and become famous....Well, since that's not going to happen...I would love to be a campaign manager, a mayor, a city council member, a PTA president, ect.. Anything I can do to be involved and stay informed makes me happy.
Aspiration #4 - Get married and have a family.
This goal is listed last, but it's really #1 in my life. Everything I do to improve myself, such as gain an education, go on a mission, stay informed with politics, is all with the mind that it will help me be the best mom I can be. I want to raise strong young men who desire to serve missions and to stand for the Constitution. I want to raise daughters who desire an education and opportunities to serve in the Church. I seriously can't wait to have kids, even though I know raising children will be the hardest job of all. Good thing I'm only 18, so I have a little bit longer before I even have to worry about how old and single I am! I'm sure I'll be scared to death when I'm 22 and not married--but it'll happen at the right time!
To all of you who know me and are reading this, I love you! Thanks for the influence you have each had on my life in shaping my goals and being examples to me of righteous living!
Quote of the Day:
"Another fallacy is to believe that the choice to accept or not accept the counsel of prophets is no more than deciding whether to accept good advice and gain its benefits or to stay where we are. But the choice not to take prophetic counsel changes the very ground upon which we stand. That ground becomes more dangerous. The failure to take prophetic counsel lessens our power to take inspired counsel in the future."
-President Henry B. Eyring
Aspiration #2 - Go on a mission
-After I graduate I will have a year to work until I can go on my mission--I think that will be the longest year of my life. I have wanted to go on a mission since I was a little girl. There's a couple of reasons why, some of them are a little selfish. First of all, I've struggled to share the Gospel with friends in high school, and I really want the opportunity to learn how to better share the Gospel. Second, the scriptures say that great joy comes when someone you have shared the Gospel with joins the church--I want to feel that joy! Third, there have been a lack of missionary serving people on my mom's side of the family, and within my own family, so I want to be an example to my younger siblings and cousins of the importance of missionary work. Finally, I think I will be a better wife and mother after I've had the mission experience.
-Where do I want to serve a mission? Anywhere, but Palmyra, NY, New Zealand, and Africa are at the top of my list.
Aspiration #3 - Be involved with politics somehow. My ultimate dream is to be a senator. I would read the Proclamation to the Family and the entire Book of Mormon during a filibuster, be on CSPAN, and become famous....Well, since that's not going to happen...I would love to be a campaign manager, a mayor, a city council member, a PTA president, ect.. Anything I can do to be involved and stay informed makes me happy.
Aspiration #4 - Get married and have a family.
This goal is listed last, but it's really #1 in my life. Everything I do to improve myself, such as gain an education, go on a mission, stay informed with politics, is all with the mind that it will help me be the best mom I can be. I want to raise strong young men who desire to serve missions and to stand for the Constitution. I want to raise daughters who desire an education and opportunities to serve in the Church. I seriously can't wait to have kids, even though I know raising children will be the hardest job of all. Good thing I'm only 18, so I have a little bit longer before I even have to worry about how old and single I am! I'm sure I'll be scared to death when I'm 22 and not married--but it'll happen at the right time!
To all of you who know me and are reading this, I love you! Thanks for the influence you have each had on my life in shaping my goals and being examples to me of righteous living!
Quote of the Day:
"Another fallacy is to believe that the choice to accept or not accept the counsel of prophets is no more than deciding whether to accept good advice and gain its benefits or to stay where we are. But the choice not to take prophetic counsel changes the very ground upon which we stand. That ground becomes more dangerous. The failure to take prophetic counsel lessens our power to take inspired counsel in the future."
-President Henry B. Eyring


Comments