Best Books
My favorite summer read was "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. And I thought nothing could get any better. Then I read "Catching Fire,"
the sequel to "Hunger Games." This book is absolutely amazing! Even better than the first one.
If you haven't read these, I highly recommend them, if you are over age 13. And even then, prepare to be shocked. The books are set on the American continent years after today. Basically the people in the book live in 12 districts throughout America in the aftermath of a great disaster, and they are under complete control of the corrupt and evil Capitol. The Capitol wants to punish the people for their rebellion 75ish years prior, so each year each district sends 2 of their teenagers to fight to the death in the "hunger games." Each year there is only one victor. The second book goes more into depth about the victor(S)? of the first hunger games and shows how the districts are rising up in rebellion again against the Capitol. So amazing!
I read this book all day yesterday, and last night I had a nightmare that I was back in high school. In school we had to campaign for popularity and then the students voted on who was most popular. The least popular was then supposed to be killed off (me). That's when I woke up. Talk about scary- high school all over again!
I'm still working on finishing Les Miserables, which I claim as my favorite book. It is the most amazing story, but it is a long and I can only read a couple of pages in one sitting. I'm ridiculous.
Anyway, read these books, and Les Miserables, and your Book of Mormon everyday!
the sequel to "Hunger Games." This book is absolutely amazing! Even better than the first one.If you haven't read these, I highly recommend them, if you are over age 13. And even then, prepare to be shocked. The books are set on the American continent years after today. Basically the people in the book live in 12 districts throughout America in the aftermath of a great disaster, and they are under complete control of the corrupt and evil Capitol. The Capitol wants to punish the people for their rebellion 75ish years prior, so each year each district sends 2 of their teenagers to fight to the death in the "hunger games." Each year there is only one victor. The second book goes more into depth about the victor(S)? of the first hunger games and shows how the districts are rising up in rebellion again against the Capitol. So amazing!
I read this book all day yesterday, and last night I had a nightmare that I was back in high school. In school we had to campaign for popularity and then the students voted on who was most popular. The least popular was then supposed to be killed off (me). That's when I woke up. Talk about scary- high school all over again!
I'm still working on finishing Les Miserables, which I claim as my favorite book. It is the most amazing story, but it is a long and I can only read a couple of pages in one sitting. I'm ridiculous.
Anyway, read these books, and Les Miserables, and your Book of Mormon everyday!


Comments