Strep Throat & Pit Stains

Well friends! Much has happened since I gave a real post about my life (besides silly videos, lists, and publishing my love of BYU #7). Here are some ridiculous and some serious updates from my life.

Last weekend, my brother, sister-in-law, niece, and my sister-in-law's brother-in-law, came to visit. On Saturday the brother, two in-laws, and me went to D.C. for the National Tea Party rally and march. My brother has a man-crush on Senator Jim DeMint (and has told him so), so naturally we had to go see him speak at the rally. We had so much fun, and I pretty much lost my voice, and caught some sickness similar to strep throat from my brother. I think it was strep throat because my little sister's doctor told her she had strep throat (2 days ago), but since I have no health insurance at the moment, I'll never know.

Yesterday, my friends Ashley McLean and Michelle Toolson joined me for our tradition breakfast at IHOP. We try to do this when we are together, and Michelle Toolson was moving today to England for grad school, so yesterday morning was our last opportunity. Breakfast was delicious and it was fun leaving a pass-along-card for the waitress along with our tip. We had plenty of girly conversation. It seems we are all very similar when it comes to guys. Ashley and Michelle were talking about how they seem to attract weird men, and I said, "lots of homeless guys have crushes on me." I guess you had to be there, but we couldn't stop laughing. When I lived in D.C. I always had homeless men sit next to me on the metro. One started yelling at me on night, asking me questions about my salary and my parent's salary--very disturbing. Anyway, when I was in D.C. for the rally last weekend, I was wearing a BYU Football t-shirt and this homeless man walked by me and said, "You a couga?" hahaha! Oh my gosh, it was so funny. I told him, yeah, heck yes, I'm a cougar - in a good way.

Today I resumed working as the Grassroots Coordinator for John Cox, so now I am working for both John Cox for Delegate and Bob McDonnell for governor. My first task back on the job was to take pictures of Cox and McDonnell together so that we have a good photo for a mail piece. The morning would have been perfect and I am sure McDonnell would have just loved me, except for one thing, my pit stains! This morning I put on a wrinkly white shirt, and decided I couldn't wear a wrinkly shirt, so I put on a grey shirt. BAD IDEA. I always seem to have pit stains, even though I'm not even sweaty--it is the weirdest thing! And I know that grey makes it worse, but I wore it anyway. Anyway, the pit stains were huge!!! I had to fold my arms tight and try really hard not to show them. This was rather difficult when I was taking pictures of my two employers. My political career is probably over now.

Last story! It's quick! My friend Kristen is getting baptized in 2 weeks! I am so excited for her! I met her when the missionaries asked me to come to one of her lessons, and then I went to two more after that. (The missionaries are amazing! They made up a "Mormon Game" version of the "dating game" and it totally wasn't awkward- go them). I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of missionary work.

I'm so sorry I keep rambling on, but my sister and I have been on a quest to find our favorite youtube videos, and the one below is our favorite so far. I don't know, it's just so catchy!

Comments

Michelle said…
haha. I can't believe you were worried about pit stains, that's great! I bet you were just fine and they didn't even notice. :) I saw the beginning of this update but I guess I didn't see the rest so it was nice to read about ihop again!
Lauren said…
Haha - no he is not related AT ALL! I knew Garrett before the Blanchards, but if it did turn out he was related I would be like, "Brooke, you are going to have some interesting in-laws!"

Popular Posts