Cupcake Extravaganza *UPDATE

*Future Mrs. Suzy Bennett said I better give the recipes to my cupcake loveliness, so I put them in RED below.

Today Heather and I made the most amazing cupcakes in the world! We have a love for cupcake shops, but cupcakes there are so expensive. So, I decided it would be cheaper and more fun to make some at home. We decided to experiment, and what we came up with were two delicious flavors of cupcake.

Chocolate cupcakes with nutella filling and nutella frosting on top
-Find your favorite chocolate cake mix and your favorite nutella frosting recipe online. I used a chocolate cake mix that had chocolate pudding mixed in to the mix. After pouring the 1/2 mix into 12-cupcake tin, I added a spoonful of nutella to each cupcake. Then I baked for 20 minutes or so. After they cooled, I took a spoon and took of the center top of each cupcake and inserted another scoop of Nutella, and then reinserted the removed cupcake. On top I used Nutella frosting from this recipe I found on google.
Nutella Frosting
Ingredients
1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
One half of a 1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup very soft nutella
--Directions
mix all ingredients with a mixer.

Chocolate cupcakes with crushed reeces's parts inside covered with peanut butter frosting and pieces of reeces's.
Cut reeces's cups into slices and add to the 2nd half of the cake mix. Fill another 12 cupcake tin. Bake. Use this peanut butter frosting recipe and cut slices of reeces's for garnish.
-->
¼ cup butter -- softened
1 and 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
Directions:
Beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, some milk and vanilla. Beat, adding more milk gradually until the frosting is the desired spreading consistency.


We're thinking of starting our own shop one day when we are rich and have plenty of time on our hands.
Another random note: Today I went to Frostings cupcake shop because I happened to be in the right shopping center at the right time. I got a lemon ginger cupcake and it was fabulous!

Comments

Suzy said…
wowa zowa!! next post: recipes to said BOMB AWESOME cupcakes????
Ash said…
haha yeah I definitely can give that too you--just takes cake mix and nutella and reeces's!

Popular Posts