Life
So I had a chat with one of my bfffffs last night {Princess Nalder} and I pretty much had a pity party for myself and was absolutely ridiculous. But sometimes best friends know just what to say and know how to uplift us. Erica told me to read the best talk I've ever read, so I just spent the last 20 minutes or so reading it and applying it to my life.
Anyway, Casey Hurley talks about a lot of the things I've been feeling the last few weeks. At one point in her life, she asked the same kinds of questions I often ask myself:
How can this possibly be part of the Lord’s great plan for my life?
Has he forgotten me?
Does my life really have a purpose?
Maybe He did have a plan for me, but I have done something to be unworthy of the plan, and now I will never obtain it.
She included this wonderful quote by Elder Bednar,
"Let me suggest that many of us typically assume we will receive an answer or a prompting to our earnest prayers and pleadings. And we also frequently expect that such an answer or a prompting will come immediately and all at once. Thus, we tend to believe the Lord will give us A BIG ANSWER QUICKLY AND ALL AT ONE TIME. However, the pattern repeatedly described in the scriptures suggests we receive '. . . line upon line, precept upon precept . . .,' or in other words, MANY SMALL ANSWERS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. Recognizing and understanding this pattern is an important key to obtaining inspiration and help from the Holy Ghost."
Right now I'm immediately erasing all my worries and doubts and I'm going to let life travel it's course -- Easier said than done! But really, I think I've wasted enough of my time stressing and crying and worrying, and it's time to be happy, serve others, and count the many blessings I have been given.
I don't know where life is going, but I do know that Heavenly Father loves me and he can see the whole picture. And like I used to say, "Just smile and everything will be okay!"
1 Nephi 11:17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
: )
Anyway, Casey Hurley talks about a lot of the things I've been feeling the last few weeks. At one point in her life, she asked the same kinds of questions I often ask myself:
How can this possibly be part of the Lord’s great plan for my life?
Has he forgotten me?
Does my life really have a purpose?
Maybe He did have a plan for me, but I have done something to be unworthy of the plan, and now I will never obtain it.
She included this wonderful quote by Elder Bednar,
"Let me suggest that many of us typically assume we will receive an answer or a prompting to our earnest prayers and pleadings. And we also frequently expect that such an answer or a prompting will come immediately and all at once. Thus, we tend to believe the Lord will give us A BIG ANSWER QUICKLY AND ALL AT ONE TIME. However, the pattern repeatedly described in the scriptures suggests we receive '. . . line upon line, precept upon precept . . .,' or in other words, MANY SMALL ANSWERS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. Recognizing and understanding this pattern is an important key to obtaining inspiration and help from the Holy Ghost."
Right now I'm immediately erasing all my worries and doubts and I'm going to let life travel it's course -- Easier said than done! But really, I think I've wasted enough of my time stressing and crying and worrying, and it's time to be happy, serve others, and count the many blessings I have been given.
I don't know where life is going, but I do know that Heavenly Father loves me and he can see the whole picture. And like I used to say, "Just smile and everything will be okay!"
1 Nephi 11:17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
: )


Comments