The Big Apple
This past weekend I traveled NYC (for the first time in my life) to visit my grandparents who just started their mission at the Manhattan Temple. The trip was pretty good, but the city was a little overwhelming (yes, I do get overwhelmed), and I was ready to come home by the end of the trip. Next time I'll just cut Chinatown out of my schedule and spend a little more time relaxing in Central Park. Here are a few of my favorite parts!
Frozen Hot Chocolate @ Serendipity
(Becca and I sat at the same table where John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale sit in the movie)
In response to Jessica's Comment: I can't really explain frozen hot chocolate. It is more of an experience than anything. It is sort of like a Chocolate Milk Shake, but it has hot chocolate mix in it, so obviously it tastes like hot chocolate. And it is huge. Not only did I drink all of my whip cream - Becca scooped off hers and gave it all to me!
Ground Zero
The temple!
Silence in a park surrounded by the city
Brownies from Magnolia Bakery
(As their famous cupcakes were actually pretty nasty)


Comments