I had the best day today! From 5:00 a.m. wake up to now. It's been wonderful. I can't remember who told me this (because I've been getting so much advice and counsel lately), but someone told me this day would be the best day in my life up to this point, then when I go on my mission that will be the best up to that point, ect... And today really was the best day in my life up to this point. I felt so much love from family and friends and a kind Heavenly Father. A few weeks ago I set a personal goal / purpose for myself on my mission and that is to get people to the temple. Baptism come first and that is important, but if converts to the church do not have a desire to go to the temple, then they will have little purpose and never come to know greater blessings.

Today I was able to go to the Temple with my family and some of my favorite people. Everyone reached out to me and helped me feel at home. I am so grateful I am going to be serving a mission next to the Temple for 18 months!

Families are Forever:

Comments

Suzy said…
What a wonderful day. The temple is so incredible that we can go once or a hundred or a thousand times and still keep learning. This truly is a gospel of progression! Congratulations on your mission call!!!

(ps you will keep getting advice, and here's my advice on that advice :) if I were you I'd try to write down as much as I can remember and who said it. Then you won't have so many random thoughts flying around your head unwanted/unchanneled. :) )
Maggie said…
Ashley~ I'm so glad I was able to be there with you! What a special treat for me. When you walked up to us while we were waiting to go in the room, my eyes got misty because I could feel so much love from everyone who was there for you. Plus you looked so beautiful and peaceful and I was excited for you for what was to come.

You are a special gal. I'm so thrilled for you to serve a mission. It will change your life.
Lildonbro said…
I said that! Of course, many people could have said that as well. So really, I can't take any credit whatsoever.

I'm so glad that you had such a great experience and I love your goal for your mission! It's true, if they don't aim for the temple they don't have much. You're going to be a great missionary!
Ash said…
That's right! It was you who said it. When I was visiting teaching you. Thanks Jessica! I give all the credit to you.

Popular Posts