Today our family had a Christmas miracle that made this Christmas the best Christmas of my life!
Several months ago, my mom wrote me and told me that new neighbors had moved in next door, and she shared some things about them with me. As I read her letter I could feel that this family is special, and that they had moved next door to us for a reason. My first week home, we invited them to church to hear my homecoming talk, and the mom and one of her kids came. Since then I've been wondering what I can do next for them and was not feeling any direction. My mom took them some Christmas treats and invited them to their ward for the Christmas program. The mom was really excited about it and said she has been wanting to bring all of her children to a church. I loved seeing the joy my mom had from that experience, and knew that even if they didn't come, she had felt the Spirit of Christmas and it filled our home.
Today the whole family showed up in our family ward! Later I was in class with the mom, and she told me how grateful she was to be there with her family, and that it was her Christmas wish come true. Her family has not gone to church for Christmas as a whole family for years, and she wanted it so badly.
There is no greater gift than the Savior's life and His sacrifice for us. As our family invited another family to come closer to Jesus Christ at Christmas, our family also drew closer to Jesus Christ. That is what really makes Christmas the best time of the year.


Comments