Today you get a miracle from American history! I've had the best week with my friend who's visiting from my mission. (not sure if I can put your name on here??) Anyway, we went to Mount Vernon, the Temple, VA War Memorial, the canal walk in Richmond, the Capitol in Richmond, and the Museum of the Confederacy - all over the place. White House of the Confederacy was the best tour I've ever been on. The tour guide Charles is AMAZING. This guy was so good, we got pictures with him afterwards. I highly recommend you go visit the Museum and White House of the Confederacy and ask to have Charles take you on a tour. Here's some pictures from our trip, but before those, here's the miracle, shared with us by Charles. Basically, Jefferson Davis was President of the Confederacy, and his wife is Varina who is about 15 years younger than him. When Jefferson Davis dies years after the Civil War, she's in her 60's and moves to Manhattan and begins writing a column for the newspaper. THEN she becomes best friends with the wife of Ulysses S. Grant - who was the commander of Union forces during the Civil War. Enemies becoming best friends is definitely a miracle, and Charles is a new person I met this year, so I'm adding this one to my goal of 100 miracles.
Who's idea was it to secede from the U.S.?
us and CHARLES!


Comments
Anyway - loved the post, the pictures, and the miracle!