"a true runner forgets the race and just loves the run"

This was my experience running a marathon. For the first 13 miles, I felt amazing and felt that the miles were flying by. From 13-18/19 ish I felt ok but would have rather been on the side cheering for others, by 22 I felt like a dead person, 23 I got a random burst of energy because I knew I had run that far without walking, so I could finish. I was so slow those last few miles, and every step was a burden, but on that final down hill, I booked it. My family was so supportive (my dad came to the half way mark to take my jacket and give me a new bottle of gatorade), and they were all there at the end to cheer me on. I know I could not have gotten through the training and the race without supportive friends and family, and a loving Savior. During one of my training runs it hit me that because of the Atonement, the Savior knows the pain every marathon runner has felt training and running marathons. Whew! Because He's felt it, He could get me through it. A couple of marathon miracles today - at mile 16 I had to go to the bathroom so bad! There were porto-johns, but I really didn't want to stop, so I prayed and within minutes felt fine. Mile 21 ish, my right leg started cramping up, and I thought I would have to stop. There was no way I could have run to the end with a leg cramping that bad. I prayed again, and the pain was gone in less than a minute. I'm so done with running for the rest of my life! (Ok maybe not :)




Comments

Laura said…
This makes me so happy!!!! Congrats! You did awesome!

Popular Posts