Happy New Year!

Last year was the best of my life, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I set a lot of goals last year, some that I accomplished, and some that fell through. For example, there were several jobs that I really wanted, but did not get :/ But then I had the opportunity to go to Haiti and started teaching piano in the fall. And those have both been great blessings in my life. I also set a goal to find my eternal companion - which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened yet, so it's on the list again this year haha - I mentioned this in my RS lesson yesterday, and it probably came across as really weird, but what I was trying to say was that if we set goals to fulfill our purpose on earth, we may not achieve all of them, but if we try - that's all that matters. Heavenly Father will direct us exactly where we need to be, but He still wants us to set goals so that He can see we are trying.

One of my goals for this year comes from the inspiring book by Clayton M. Christensen. He's a professor at Harvard and a Mormon and wrote The Power of Everyday Missionaries. I got it for Christmas and haven't finished yet, but it's really good! He talks about the challenge from Elder Ballard a few years ago to just set a date (not pick a person) by which you will have invited someone to meet with missionaries and they will accept. Elder Ballard promises that if you do this, and do all you can to invite as many people as possible, someone will accept by that date. It doesn't mean they'll join the church, but they will meet with missionaries - and what better way to strengthen a relationship with someone than to have them learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your home. Anyway, Clayton M. Christensen decided to try this about 15 years ago, and every time he did it - it worked. So, today I set the date of October 1st!  Miracles will happen :)

And here's a quick miracle from my friend Jo. She joined the church about a year and a half ago and left on her mission this September. She's serving in the Salt Lake City East Mission. I love the way she writes. Her enthusiasm is awesome!

C. (I do not think I have introduced him yet) is a less active who has started to come back to church! Not only that... he WANTS to learn more about the church. It is amazing! One of his coworkers, who is not LDS, asked him what our beliefs are and he didn't know... It upset him but he immediately called us and started taking lessons so he knows how to talk about the gospel. But is that it? Nay I say unto you, nay! HE WANTS TO GO ON A MISSION!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Only a week ago he was working toward joining the marine corp! But now... he will be going on a mission! OOOHH YEAAH!

Happy New Year everyone. Let me know what miracles you see in your life this year!
♥ Ash

Comments

Popular Posts