Depression



yesterday in church, we had an amazing lesson on depression by Brother Toby Anderson. He is a counselor who has blessed by family in many ways, and I admire him and his love of the Savior. You can read a really good summary of the lesson that my friend posted on her blog HERE.

overcoming depression has been a miracle in my life. I'm not sure where I fall in the depression spectrum because it does seem to run in my extended family, but I do know that the depression I had last year was real. it took a long time to heal, a lot of trips to the Temple, conversations with friends and family, the church 12-step women's group (SMART - Sisters Making the Atonement Real Together), scripture study, prayers, fasting, service, ect... Honestly, medication would have helped so much, but I was too prideful to go that far, and suffered much longer than was necessary as a result. I know without the Gospel and without a very loving Savior, I would still be very hurt, sad and in the dark. and that's my thought and miracle for the day! where I am today is so much further than where I was a year ago because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.


Comments

crazedc said…
Hey Ashley, I'm sorry that you have been facing that. Several of my sisters have depression as well. I extend my full sympathies and confidence that you can overcome it some day with the help of Heavenly Father and professionals. You are a truly wonderful person and I'm glad we could know each other in Richmond.

-Bryce I.

Popular Posts