"Look Around You"

General Conference this past weekend was the most amazing of my life. It was a miracle to me when President Monson announced that a temple will be built in Haiti. I was there last summer when Elder Rasband, President of the Quorum of the 70 promised the Carrefour Stake that they would have a Temple one day. I never imagined it would be so soon. When President Monson announced it, I screamed and then cried for a couple of minutes. Those are my people! My heart is in Haiti, and it was a powerful moment to hear of that great blessing coming their way.

I loved Elder Anderson's talk "Thy Kingdom Come." He asked, "Can you see the hand of God in the lives of the missionaries in Haiti?" Yes, I can! My friend Yves is one of those missionaries, and I've seen miracles in his life. And he is a miracle in mine.

But then this statement from Elder Anderson,

"God's miracles are not happening just in Haiti, Thailand or the Ivory Coast. Look around you."

Yes, look around YOU. The reason I write this blog is because I so often lose faith and forget that the Lord cares. I forget that the hand of God is leading my life. I doubt my purpose. I wonder if my dreams are possible. I want to lay in bed and give up sometimes. I can see miracles in the lives of my friends in Haiti, but I forget miracles are all around me too. So, I search to find them, record them here, then forget for a few weeks and search again.

One of my goals from conference is to stop forgetting and to look for God's hand "everyday, everyday, everyday" (another great talk from conferencd!) I put up a paper in our apartment for all of us roommates to write the miracles that happen everyday.

Today I felt more confidence about moving forward with my plans for starting a business in Haiti and friends encouraged me and reminded me that all things are possible. That feeling of confidence is rare in my life, and thus was God's hand in my life today.


Rhiannon, Andi, Nerlande, Me, Lauren
The Sunday us 5 sang "As Sisters In Zion" in Sacrament Meeting

Comments

Suzy said…
I TOTALLY thought of you when he announced the temple!!! HOORAY!!
Lildonbro said…
I loved those talks - I loved all of them :) I'm so excited for you and your business and for the temple!

Popular Posts