Car towed, Ticket disputed

On Saturday I traveled to SLC in my friend's car (since mine doesn't have air conditioning) with another friend to go to a friend-I-grew-up-with's wedding reception. The reception was beautiful, I saw many good friends I haven't seen in the longest, I ate good food. Then, I went to my car and in it's place was a film crew complete with film hats, clip boards. Kind of like this:


Seriously. And my car was gone. My car had been towed. My car was in a legit spot - but I guess these guys reserved the road for 24 hours.

The car-tow place was an hour walk away, so we started walking and eventually called a friend to drive us the rest of the way. Because it was my friend's car, she had to leave her birthday dinner to drive another car up to SLC to get her car. She came, I paid the $200, we got the car back, and I got the parking ticket.

But there is a miracle! I emailed SLC parking and contested the ticket, so I don't have to pay the parking ticket part! Seriously, I was so upset about the whole thing that I would start crying at random times on Sunday. But now that I don't have to pay the extra money for the ticket - it's like the whole thing never happened! I used some of the money saved to go buy a Harry Potter sweatshirt. It's pretty awesome. I love miracles :)

Comments

Popular Posts