Sports may not matter in the eternal scheme of things, but...
The lastest news on the street is BYU football! I don't know what will happen when the play UCLA tomorrow. All I know is that I witnessed 2 miracle games. The first was the miracle at memorial, which I witnessed on the tv. The second was the miracle against Boise State (a team I also love, but not when they play BYU). A member of my bishopric had an extra ticket and gave it to me a couple of hours before the game, and I got to sit by him and his wife about 22 rows from the field, at the 50 yard line, in the blue seats that have the free t-shirts. The section was a little dead, compared to the student section, but the cute lady next to me was encouraged by my screaming, and started screaming along with me. I'm pretty sure we hugged at one point.
It was 4th down and 7 or 17 yards or something like that, and they were going to go for it. I was so stressed that I turned around and told Sister Peck that going for it on the 4th down never works - but it was their only hope at this point. She had been pretty un-hopeful about BYU the whole time, but at that moment said, "it'll work. it'll be a miracle." Her increase in faith caused me to turn around and witness the Hail Mary and soon after the interception touch down. It's a great day to be a Cougar. Tomorrow might not be, but today it is!
Update 9/21/15 - It's not a great day to be a Cougar anymore :'(
It was 4th down and 7 or 17 yards or something like that, and they were going to go for it. I was so stressed that I turned around and told Sister Peck that going for it on the 4th down never works - but it was their only hope at this point. She had been pretty un-hopeful about BYU the whole time, but at that moment said, "it'll work. it'll be a miracle." Her increase in faith caused me to turn around and witness the Hail Mary and soon after the interception touch down. It's a great day to be a Cougar. Tomorrow might not be, but today it is!
Update 9/21/15 - It's not a great day to be a Cougar anymore :'(


Comments