Fashion Friday

I've seen a number of blogs that have "Fashion Friday" posts, and I love them. But just in case you don't love them, I probably won't bore you today with my latest finds from Modcloth and DownEast.

No, today is Ashley's Fashionable-Life Friday.

I get to do a lot of exciting things like work, watch Survivor, play banagrams with my roommies, read Harry Potter out loud to my roommates, sleep and do it all again! I'm also training for another half marathon right now. Mainly because it is on Thanksgiving morning, and that gives me justification for eating as much pie as I want that day. That's right. Even their website says "Give Yourself A Reason To Eat More." I will.



Work has been really fulfilling this month. With the program I oversee, we were able to replace a roof for a single mother of 5 children. I called her yesterday to see how the new roof held up in the recent rain-storm, and she said that for the first time in 12-years it didn't leak. And then we installed new flooring for a family - now their 2-year old who has cerebral palsy can walk! This weekend two more roofs will be finished, and a community garden cleaned-up.

Coworker and I at a project earlier this year

Roof project

There are some other things on my mind that would make my life increasingly more fashionable. That's not the purpose though. I just want to do more and see more and find more joy in life and follow the path that's been planned and prepared for me. I don't know all that the future will bring, but here are some options:


Haiti- no surprise there. I think about Haiti daily. 2 friends and I are starting a tourism social venture - profits of the business will help rescue and educate child slaves in Haiti. Next year will be a big year - so stay tuned for updates!


Shanghai, China - largest city in China..... so, I've had an opportunity offered to me to live and work there that I am seriously considering...

Comments

Popular Posts