#ChinaLife
**UPDATE - Video of the kids works now!
There is so much going on over here in China that I haven't had time to update! Here is some of the latest:
#ChinaZoo
I got to go to the Shanghai Animal Wild Park with my friend Tyler a couple of weekends ago. He was in Shanghai for a week for work meetings, and he was totally down for visiting this park when I told him that we could hold a baby lion or tiger. Not only that, but we could play with lemurs, ride elephants and do all sorts of crazy things. HIGHLY recommend visiting this place if you ever visit Shanghai.
#ChinaMyths
I'm sure I'll have more of these as time goes on.
But Myth #1 - Chinese men are not all short. There seem to me to be more tall men than I ever saw in the USA. Chinese women are pretty short though.
Myth #2 - Chinese will push past anyone to get in front of line, get on the subway first, on the bus first, etc. Okay - so that's true, but there have been a few really polite, kind gentleman that have let me go in front of them.
#ChinaHadNoIdea
I had no idea in China that you can look at the sun! I knew there was a pollution problem, but I didn't know I could look at the sun pretty much anytime and not be in pain due to the pollution. Positive thinking here :) And actually, the pollution is not so bad where I'm living. Most days are clear and beautiful.
I had no idea how many people lived in Wuxi! There are over 6 million people here. That's getting close to NYC numbers. I'm not right in the city, but going downtown feels similar to NYC. I thought I was going to a smaller city - and it is, for China.
#ChinaPark
There are beautiful parks all over the place in Wuxi, most of them by the lake. My student Eveline wanted to hang out with me on Saturday (that's a thing here, students hanging out with teachers), so we went to Lihu Lake Park by Lihu Lake.
#ChinaKids
Children in China are adorable - unless you have to teach them English. They are still adorable, but so crazy. As a side job to my normal university classes, I've been teaching a class of 5 boys, 7-8 year olds. I'm pretty sure they don't want to be there - their parents just want them to learn English. I sure do my best with them! I try to throw in games - here's a video just so you can see how precious they are!
#ChinaChurch
For church we meet in a lovely home! Here's a dark pic that doesn't really do it justice.
There is so much going on over here in China that I haven't had time to update! Here is some of the latest:
#ChinaZoo
I got to go to the Shanghai Animal Wild Park with my friend Tyler a couple of weekends ago. He was in Shanghai for a week for work meetings, and he was totally down for visiting this park when I told him that we could hold a baby lion or tiger. Not only that, but we could play with lemurs, ride elephants and do all sorts of crazy things. HIGHLY recommend visiting this place if you ever visit Shanghai.
| Hi little lemur! Be my friend!! |
| Baby liger - I think? Can I keep it forever?! |
#ChinaMyths
I'm sure I'll have more of these as time goes on.
But Myth #1 - Chinese men are not all short. There seem to me to be more tall men than I ever saw in the USA. Chinese women are pretty short though.
Myth #2 - Chinese will push past anyone to get in front of line, get on the subway first, on the bus first, etc. Okay - so that's true, but there have been a few really polite, kind gentleman that have let me go in front of them.
#ChinaHadNoIdea
I had no idea in China that you can look at the sun! I knew there was a pollution problem, but I didn't know I could look at the sun pretty much anytime and not be in pain due to the pollution. Positive thinking here :) And actually, the pollution is not so bad where I'm living. Most days are clear and beautiful.
I had no idea how many people lived in Wuxi! There are over 6 million people here. That's getting close to NYC numbers. I'm not right in the city, but going downtown feels similar to NYC. I thought I was going to a smaller city - and it is, for China.
#ChinaPark
There are beautiful parks all over the place in Wuxi, most of them by the lake. My student Eveline wanted to hang out with me on Saturday (that's a thing here, students hanging out with teachers), so we went to Lihu Lake Park by Lihu Lake.
| Eveline - from a Freshman English speaking class |
#ChinaKids
Children in China are adorable - unless you have to teach them English. They are still adorable, but so crazy. As a side job to my normal university classes, I've been teaching a class of 5 boys, 7-8 year olds. I'm pretty sure they don't want to be there - their parents just want them to learn English. I sure do my best with them! I try to throw in games - here's a video just so you can see how precious they are!
#ChinaChurch
| Sacrament Mtg. Room |



Comments