Oh Canada!

Just 2 quick messages tonight!

1. Just read a devotional from BYU Hawaii. "People Count, Things Don't" by Sister Kathy Pulotu.

My favorite part "The best small things are those that you don't have to do, but people are so glad you did because they make you feel loved." What small things can you do for someone that don't need to be done but that will make them feel loved? Who needs your love?

2. A new man (who just moved here from Canada) in church gave a talk on Sunday. I'd say he's in his late 50s, maybe early 60s. He is one of the sweetest, happiest men in the world. He spoke in church Sunday and shared a little bit about his conversion to the Gospel. He joined the church 25 years ago, but prior to that was a staunch member of his church. I'm not sure what religion it was, but that doesn't matter. What matters is, more than anything else, he had a desire to live the way God would want him to. Every morning and every night since he can remember, he asked Heavenly Father if he was going to the right church. He never felt like he was getting an answer, but continued to ask while still attending his other church. He had many encounters with Mormons, but had so many misconceptions, he wouldn't look into it.

When he was 22, he happened to visit Salt Lake City and visited Temple Square. This is my favorite part! He saw all the young sister missionaries and felt that they were so happy, beautiful and good. He said to himself, "Golly, I'd like to have one of those." hahah (: Years later, he was living in South Africa with his wife, and there he finally joined the church along with his wife. I don't know know more about that part of the story, but I'll find out! In his talk, he said, "I don't know why Heavenly Father helped me find the church. I can't wait to ask him when I see him again."

I don't know either. I know that the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the greatest blessing in my life, because through the Gospel I know that my family can be together as a family forever. I know that God has called a living prophet to guide us in these times. I know about the Savior's suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, how he bled from every pore and took upon him my sins, sadness, loneliness, pain, anger and so on. I know that through His Atonement and grace, I can be forgiven, healed, comforted and strengthened and changed. I think one reason that I have been blessed with it is because the Lord expects me to and hopes I will share it with everyone I can.

♥ Ash


Comments

Popular Posts