The church is doing this awesome #LIGHTtheWORLD special thing for Christmas. Each day of December there is a way they suggest that we can be more like Christ. Because not only should we learn about him and talk about him at this time of year (and always), we should be like him. I just imagine in my mind millions of people trying this each day and can see how that really does create light.
December 1st was the kick-off with a day of service where we can be like Christ in lifting burdens. I decided to have a Christmas party with some of the students I've come to know the best, so I invited them over to make cookies, watch a Christmas movie, do a white elephant gift exchange and hopefully feel the Christmas spirit. I cannot proselyte in China or talk much about Jesus Christ, so I avoided that. But I had Christmas music playing and a picture of the Savior in my apartment, so I hope that in general they have good feelings about Christmas and Christians.
 |
| These were the ones I made first before they came. I don't think my mother would be very proud! |
 |
| They asked for chopsticks to scoop the cookies. |
 |
| UNO! |
 |
| Dahlia, Amy, Amanda, Selina, Jelly, Susa, Cassiel, Chelly, Aurora, Evan, Sian |
Comments