It's a Bloggy Holiday with Ashley
![]() |
| Chi Chi and Me |
Merry Christmas friends and family! It's been a wild, beautiful year. 2 months in Virginia, 10 months in China. I honestly have no idea how to write a family Christmas card about myself, so I'll just share a miracle month-by-month
January - I reconnected with a friend from high school who means so much to me. That whole reconnection thing was a miracle, but he also shared many miracles from his life with me that show God does know us and is guiding our lives.
February -My visa was finally approved just days before flying to China! And I made it to China!
March - I made the 2 hour trip to church for the first time, and ran into some members who helped me find it!
April - I got my cat Chi Chi! and I was successfully able to keep a kitten alive - thanks to many good friends who know things about cats.
May - Prayers of family helped me overcome horrible food poisoning.
June - I travled to a few places, and in Taiwan, my phone broke as soon as I arrived at the airport. It's a miracle I was able to make my way to the temple with no phone and get more help from the mission office there.
July - Was able to travel with one of my former mission companions to Thailand and Cambodia. She kind of kept this secret from me that she was dating someone, and now she's engaged! I'd say anytime a good couple gets engaged, it's a miracle.
August - In August, I was still in Thailand. My friend fell into the water when we were white water rafting, and I thought she was going to die (I'm dramatic). She survived! A college friend of mine passed away in August, and though it was heartbreaking, I'm grateful for our friendship and for the knowledge that she still lives and her husband and daugther will see her again.
September - As a girls camp leader, I was able to have some meaningful conversation with one of the young women I felt needed my friendship.
October - Travled to Mongolia and saw my Mongolian mission companion! That whole experience was full of miracles. I missed my flight and then my next flight, but finally made it.
November - Had three Thanksgiving dinners! Who would have thought that possible in China?
December - Each day as I try to #Lighttheworld, I experience little miracles of being able to help someone in need.
Merry Christmas everyone! I love you and hope that you can feel the light and love of Christ in your heart, home, workplace and travels. I've found that I feel closest to Jesus Christ as I reflect on his sacrifice and as I make sacrifices to serve others.
♥ AshBashBur



Comments