Called to Serve

This summer my grandparents were called to the Manhattan, New York Temple Mission. They are going to be the world's greatest missionaries, and I am quite certain they are going to have a lot of family visiting them in New York City!

On Friday, mom, dad, Christian, me, and the kids drove down to South Carolina for their farewell. It was a long drive for a weekend, but well worth it.  I hadn't seen my Grandparents in over a year or Blake, Meghan, and Savanna since last Thanksgiving.



On Saturday, we swam, watched the USC game (GO GAMECOCKS!), had family dinner, presented a scrapbook to Grandma and Grandpa with a farewell message from each family, and Christian and I went mini golfing with Blake and Meghan. On Sunday, they spoke in church on charity, commitment, and sacrifice, and how those apply to missionary work. All of us grandkids (and Christian) sang "Called to Serve" in between their talks. 
LOVE HER

us looking at the scrapbook 
(this picture really amuses me for some reason)


I'm sure going to miss them!

Comments

Lildonbro said…
Okay - that's a good excuse for Christian not to be at church on Sunday. I forgive you both :P
Welcome! said…
hi ashley! I just stumbled upon your sweet little blog today and couldn't help but hit the follow button! I look forward to following your adventures in the future! xo kate

Popular Posts