Senses?
Note: I wrote this in early February but never posted. I went running today and thought about it and then found the pictures I was looking for. My advice - start running now and don't ever stop.
My friend Holly writes a blog where she talks about the importance of the five senses and what her favorite things to taste, smell ect. are. This morning I went for a run and the first thing I noticed was how cold I felt, the first thing I heard was the music on my i-pod. Then I smelled chimney smoke, one of my favorite smells, and knew that one of my neighbors had a fire in their fireplace. I saw beautiful homes and scenery as I ran. And water never tastes better to me than after a good, long run. While running I felt deep gratitude for everyone who has supported me in my life to help me be a runner. Laura, Suzy and Katie Taylor talked me into cross-country when I was 13 by telling me that people run 45 minute 5K's all the time! I felt so proud when I finished my first 5K in 39 minutes and grateful to Suzy (who had finished long before me) for running the final lap around the track with me. I'm grateful to my brother and others who said I couldn't do it because it made me try even harder. I wanted to prove that I could run. And I'm really grateful for this man:
Coach Mug. I had other coaches, but he was the best one. He believed in me. Today while I was running I could hear his voice "No Wasted Motion! No Wasted Motion!" I would have never have known at thirteen years old that one day I would run a 10K or a half marathon. I'm running my 3rd 10K in April. My goal is less than 54 minutes (actually I want to run 8:30 minute miles, so whatever that comes to for 6.2 miles). My life changed when I started running and now it is a part of me. Even though I am far from a great runner, I am so blessed to have a body that can improve and endure.
My friend Holly writes a blog where she talks about the importance of the five senses and what her favorite things to taste, smell ect. are. This morning I went for a run and the first thing I noticed was how cold I felt, the first thing I heard was the music on my i-pod. Then I smelled chimney smoke, one of my favorite smells, and knew that one of my neighbors had a fire in their fireplace. I saw beautiful homes and scenery as I ran. And water never tastes better to me than after a good, long run. While running I felt deep gratitude for everyone who has supported me in my life to help me be a runner. Laura, Suzy and Katie Taylor talked me into cross-country when I was 13 by telling me that people run 45 minute 5K's all the time! I felt so proud when I finished my first 5K in 39 minutes and grateful to Suzy (who had finished long before me) for running the final lap around the track with me. I'm grateful to my brother and others who said I couldn't do it because it made me try even harder. I wanted to prove that I could run. And I'm really grateful for this man:
Coach Mug
(that's me on the far right!!)
Coach Mug. I had other coaches, but he was the best one. He believed in me. Today while I was running I could hear his voice "No Wasted Motion! No Wasted Motion!" I would have never have known at thirteen years old that one day I would run a 10K or a half marathon. I'm running my 3rd 10K in April. My goal is less than 54 minutes (actually I want to run 8:30 minute miles, so whatever that comes to for 6.2 miles). My life changed when I started running and now it is a part of me. Even though I am far from a great runner, I am so blessed to have a body that can improve and endure.




Comments
You're going to do great on Satruday!