This blog is amazing - http://justanaveragemormon.blogspot.com/2013/05/lead-me-guide-me.html?utm_source=feedly ! Today the weirdest coincidences have happened, and one happens to be about that blog. But first, this morning when I woke up I thought of my friend Kristen while I was listening to some music. I decided to email her and share the music and told her I missed her. Within ten seconds my phone was ringing, and it was Kristen. The weirdest part- she had not received my email. When I picked up I said, "that was fast" and she said "what?" We had just both thought of each other at the same time. She decided to call at the same time as I decided to email. Definitely someone I needed to talk to today who always inspires me. Definitely the hand of the Lord.

Coincidence with the blog. After taking a final today, I was driving to institute and thinking about how I only have a year of grad school left and then I don't know what I'll be doing. I love Richmond and wouldn't mind staying here, but I distinctly felt like I won't. I tried to go against that thought and imagined finding a job here, but the thought felt weird and uncomfortable. I don't KNOW for sure yet where I'll go when I'm done with school, and maybe that wasn't really a prompting, but it was an interesting experience. Then, tonight I read the above blog post, and it completely related to my experience. It's about a girl who graduated school and didn't know what to do. She felt a prompting to move back to Utah, and she applied for a grad program and was about to sign a rental contract. For weeks she delayed signing it because she felt weird about doing it. Go read it in her words, but basically she got a rejection letter from the program at BYU. Feeling confused because she had tried to follow promptings, she looked up a different program at Utah State, got into the program the next day! Accepted that fast. Heavenly Father is amazing. I just love Him and know He really does care about where we go and what we do. His way is the best way. I'm so happy to be here right now and will continue loving it until the next step in life.

Another small miracle from my life. I'm going to Haiti this summer. That's another long story I'll share some other time. But for now, I've purchased my plane ticket, ordered a Haitian Book of Mormon (working on learning the language!), have started my training, was blessed to receive a donation from a wonderful friend, got my passport in the mail yesterday, and was pretty much all set to go. All I had to do was let the mother of the boy I teach piano to know that I won't be able to teach the 1st three weeks of July. Our contract states that I teach pretty much every week of the year, so I was nervous about it and put it off for weeks. Today, I told her, and she was so chill. She said it would be good for him to have a few weeks off and that his nanny is pretty good at piano and can help him keep up with his practice. As Sister Mary Parker would say "what a blessing!" SO! I'm going to HAITI!!! In 53 days.

Oh - one more random coincidence. My sister-in-law's dad is remarrying on Friday to a lovely woman from Mesa. Her son was in the Visitors' Center all the time when I served there. All the sisters knew him, and we spoke several times. So, he'll be my brother's step brother-in-law. Small World!

Comments

Lildonbro said…
Very small world!

I loved this post for so many reasons! I personally want you to stay in Virginia, but I say, follow where the spirit leads.

Popular Posts