Haiti Miracles Part 1


Hello from Haiti! I think God's most beautiful and amazing children are here. This has been an amazing experience, full of miracles. Now that I'm here I can look back on my life and see moments and people that have been placed in my life preparing me to come here. This first miracle I want to share is from the airport on the way to Haiti. In Ft. Lauderdale, I had a 15 hour layover and spent the night in the airport. While I was there, I walked past a lady who was kind and started a conversation with me. She told me her flight had been delayed for four hours, and when I expressed my apologies, she said "all things happen for a reason." Then, without me even asking, she shared a miracle with me from her life! She told me that she worked in one of the World Trade Centers, and in 1999, her job position was eliminated. She had to find work else where. She was pretty upset, but now knows that it happened for a reason. If she had continued working there, she may not be alive today.


I wanted to share my favorite experience so far here in Haiti. This isn't a miracle, but it sure is cute! The other day we were up in the mountains, and then we waited 30 minutes for a tap tap to take us back to Leogane (see "tap tap" picture below). While we waited, there were two really silly little boys making noises and faces at me. I had fun making noises and faces back at them. After awhile, I tried to get them to sit with me, but they were to shy. Eventually, one little boy said to me, "I love you" in English! I don't know if he knew what it meant because they certainly don't know English, but it was precious! Then they came and sat with me, and I snapped a few pictures. Here's Spencer and Galvanz:



(tap tap - note: I DO NOT ride on top :)

I have so much more to share! I've been asking everyone here for miracles, have experienced several of my own, and have even caught some on video. More to come!


Comments

Popular Posts