Styven

Styven is one of the most incredible people I've met in my life. I have a hard time trusting people, but from the first day in Haiti, I knew that he was someone I could trust. He is now one of my best friends, and someone I look up to. His life has not been easy, and it was definitely affected by the 2010 earthquake. In this video he shares a miracle with me related to his baptism into the church a year ago. If you don't understand, here's the down-low :) When he was meeting with missionaries and praying to know if he should get baptized, he had a dream that his best friend baptized him. To him, that was a answer to his prayers that he should join the church. Since his baptism, he's had a great influence on his friends - watch to find out how!

One day, while we were gardening, I shared with Styven the moment I was unsure about going to Haiti, and then I was reading the book about President Monson and saw a picture of him in Haiti. I told Styven that was a "little" miracle for me to help me know it was a good choice to go there. Styven said this to me - and I will treasure this thought forever, "There are no small miracles. All miracles are the same." I love it! We cannot judge how important/big/special a miracle is. Each tender mercy or act of the Lord's hand in our lives is God's way of showing love for us and strengthening our faith.

Thank you Styven! Love ya!

Comments

Popular Posts