Of Things That Matter Most

This is my favorite video online, and I'm sure I've shared it before, but here it is again :) For a while last year I was very consistent in recording in my journal the way I had seen the hand of the Lord in my life - everyday. Then I stopped, and it has been harder for me to see since I stopped writing them.

This morning, while I was running, I listened to the original talk (that goes with this video) on my iPod, and it was EXACTLY what I needed today. I was just talking with a friend yesterday about being still so that I can find direction in my hectic life. And the day before that I talked to my mission trainer about relationships and the pressure I feel to move quickly, and she advised me to slow down. Then President Uchtdorf reiterated it, "My dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."

I love that - "proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances." I know what I need to write in my journal tonight!


Enjoy...

Comments

Popular Posts