Phone A Friend


Sister Naulu, Dashjav, Anderson and I all taught this beautiful family. They changed my life and taught me how to truly love unconditionally. I remember when Brother Sutherlin came out of his baptismal interview. I have never seen a grown man cry like that, true tears of repentance and joy! They were a miracle of my mission, and since my mission I have tried several times to get reach them. The phone numbers I had weren't working, and I had tried calling other members in their ward with no luck. Last night after church, I was sitting in my room and felt like I should try again. I pulled out the ward directory from their ward and started calling members. Finally (!) the Relief Society President picked up her phone and gave me the number she had for them. After a couple of rings, Sister Sutherlin picked up the phone. I know that they haven't been going to church as often as I would hope, so this was the perfect time to talk to them. When Sister Sutherlin was a little girl living in California, she often drove by the Temple there. One day she told her dad that she was going to get married there, and he said she would have to be a Mormon to do that :) I pray Heavenly Father continues to work miracles in their lives so that they are sealed together for eternity in the Temple.... I think I need a trip to Mesa soon!

Comments

Popular Posts