Every day in Haiti, I love it more and continue to see miracles. We've had issues with electricity, and I've had a cold, so at night it has been very hard for me to fall asleep. We ended up not having electricity for about 3 days, and it was a struggle! That's just how it goes in Haiti. One night, I plugged in my fan by my bed as an act of faith that during the night it would come on, but prayed for strength to endure if it didn't. And it didn't :) But last night the miracle came! At about 7 pm the electricity came on, and it lasted until 7 this morning. I don't ever remember having electricity that long last year! With my fan on, I fell asleep right away. I woke up sometime around 4 am and felt sooo much better and so happy. Then I started crying because I was so happy to feel cool from the fan and healed from my cold. For the first time in my life I understood why those who have met Jesus Christ have a desire to fall at his feet and basically wash his feet with their tears. I was so grateful that I just wished I could see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for a minute and thank them for the electricity!!!! I have never understood why anyone would want to cry on someone's feet - but at that moment I completely understood and would have been so happy to do so because then maybe Heavenly Father would know how much I love him and how grateful I am. Oh the things we take for granted in the United States.
 |
| Hike to Timon |
 |
| Junior Belange |
Comments