oh The Beaches are Beautiful
Yesterday we tried to find a beach that I loved last year - but found out that the entrance has been closed down. We were able to find a good enough spot and enjoyed playing with crabs, and avoiding the spiky sea urchins! When I hit something with my toe and it started bleeding, I hopped out to avoid attracting sharks! Not that there are any sharks here - but since they're my biggest fear, I got out just in case. :)
Today at church I saw Dorvil! Kelsey and AJ invited him to church last year, and he's still coming. I love that little boy. He came and sat down with my in Sacrament meeting and told me he loves me. The children here are precious. And I loved teaching the orphans the hokie pokie today. They play a version of duck, duck, goose here, but say "cat, cat, dog" in creole. Shet Shet Shin or something like that.
After the orphanage, we had Colson over for the lesson with the missionaries. He is our most trusted moto driver and has been attending the church since at least last summer. He gives the greatest comments in Gospel Principles class, and totally loves the church. Seeing him progress in the Gospel since last summer is a miracle to me!
Hugs and kisses from Haiti!
Today at church I saw Dorvil! Kelsey and AJ invited him to church last year, and he's still coming. I love that little boy. He came and sat down with my in Sacrament meeting and told me he loves me. The children here are precious. And I loved teaching the orphans the hokie pokie today. They play a version of duck, duck, goose here, but say "cat, cat, dog" in creole. Shet Shet Shin or something like that.
After the orphanage, we had Colson over for the lesson with the missionaries. He is our most trusted moto driver and has been attending the church since at least last summer. He gives the greatest comments in Gospel Principles class, and totally loves the church. Seeing him progress in the Gospel since last summer is a miracle to me!
Hugs and kisses from Haiti!
| Tap Tap ride with Lauren and Nathan |


Comments