This New Adventure
I'm on my way to Haiti! I'm can't wait for this new adventure and the impact it will have in my life forever. My emotions are all over the place over graduating and leaving Virginia (especially with the little sleep I'm running on!).
The whole grad school process has been full of miracles as the hand of the Lord guided me in each step. I would have never thought of applying for this program, but back in 2010, one of my leaders at the Hill Cumorah Pageant asked me what I thought about grad school while pulling out his iPhone to look up grad programs in Richmond. He came across the MPA program, I don't really remember everything we discussed, but felt something compelling me to pursue that path.
I applied that fall, and never heard back from VCU! Finally, the day before classes started, I called the department and they told me the school had received my application, but hadn't sent it to the department! They called me down to meet with them that day, accepted me and then I started classes the next day. Since then, the only challenges have been the coursework and my lack of confidence at times. But in the end, everything worked out, and I had an amazing experience in grad school - with a mission in the middle.
Here are a few picture recaps from graduation - and my next post will be from Haiti!
The whole grad school process has been full of miracles as the hand of the Lord guided me in each step. I would have never thought of applying for this program, but back in 2010, one of my leaders at the Hill Cumorah Pageant asked me what I thought about grad school while pulling out his iPhone to look up grad programs in Richmond. He came across the MPA program, I don't really remember everything we discussed, but felt something compelling me to pursue that path.
I applied that fall, and never heard back from VCU! Finally, the day before classes started, I called the department and they told me the school had received my application, but hadn't sent it to the department! They called me down to meet with them that day, accepted me and then I started classes the next day. Since then, the only challenges have been the coursework and my lack of confidence at times. But in the end, everything worked out, and I had an amazing experience in grad school - with a mission in the middle.
Here are a few picture recaps from graduation - and my next post will be from Haiti!


Comments