Miracle in China

One of my amazing friends is living in China for a few months and teaching English. I love following her blog and corresponding with her by email. She is a GREAT email-pen-pal

We've discussing our various individual plans for the future, and at one point I said in an email, "my life is so random sometimes."

She responded with this incredible thought:

Something you said caught my attention - "my life is so random sometimes." As I've been here in China, I'm realizing that nothing about my life is random right now. I'm not randomly in China. I'm not randomly struggling with some specific weaknesses. I've been seeing so many reasons why I'm here lately, and I can't believe the majesty of God's plan. I love 2 Nephi 2:23 "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." He is a God of miracles, meaning he works ALWAYS by miracles. If we have faith to see their fulfillment, our lives will abound with them! Why not just trust that they are going to happen? Life's a lot happier that way. My bishop told me before my mission to "Expect Miracles." Now I do. And I expect them to happen in your life in a big way!

Then she shared a miracle she is having right now in China:

We have a wonderful, real investigator in our group. She had literally never heard of Joseph Smith before. I am helping a pre-missionary prepare for her mission, and as the preparation we are teaching the non-member girl the missionary lessons. I get to be her companion, and we teach once a week. We've gotten through the Restoration now, and it was seriously the most incredible experience I've had here! In the lesson last week [our investigator] prayer out loud at the end and it was as a humble investigator's first audible prayer should be; simple, reverent, and sincere. Touched my heart. She accepted a Book of Mormon and has started looking through it. I am seriously so blessed to have this incredible miracle of a situation here, where there are no missionaries and I get to help teach her...Humbling and motivating and the greatest source of motivation and joy I have here.

I know my friend is in China for this reason and others. I am here in Utah for a reason. You are where you are, having specific experiences, for a reason. These reasons are miracles because God always works by miracles.

Comments

Lildonbro said…
Beautiful post and so true! Sometimes we don't see the reason, but eventually we will (hopefully - if we look and keep our eyes open). And even when we mess things up, the Lord can work with anything, he can fix our mistakes and work with us so that they can be for our own good

Popular Posts